Helping Clients Succeed®: Closing the Sale
Close more sales by applying the mindsets and skill sets of the world’s top performers.
After more than a decade of working with sales professionals all over the world, we have observed that there are two common mistakes that keep many sales professionals from winning more deals:
- Many sales presentations are lost before they are even given. Salespeople present to open the sales cycle rather than presenting to close.
- The sales presentations are information-rich and decision-poor. The presentations end in “thanks a lot,” “we’ll think about it,” “Hey, could you leave us some of the PowerPoint slides?” Critically, no decision is made.
Helping Clients Succeed®: Closing The Sale is designed to help sales leaders and their teams close more sales by applying the mindsets and skillsets of the world’s top performers.
Closing the Sale overview with Craig Christensen.
The top-performer difference
The top 5% of sales professionals approach closing differently. They understand that closing is much more than a single event. Rather, it’s a process of successful decision-making that happens long before the contract is ever signed, and winning or losing the sale depends on whether they have—or have not—added value to that decision-making process.
What top performers do differently
- Sell with the intent to achieve win-win outcomes.
- Carefully prepare before every client meeting to create the conditions for good decision-making.
- Spend less time talking at the client and more time discussing with the client those decisions that will best serve the client’s needs.
- Follow a simple, reliable process to determine when they are ready to close.
We have seen that as salespeople adopt these mindsets and skill sets, they dramatically improve their win rates. By enabling their clients to make better decisions, your salespeople are far more likely to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes so that closing the sale becomes an enjoyable and rewarding process for everyone.
8 Techniques to Get Beyond the Gatekeeper
With a few techniques—and honest communication—we’ve found that gatekeepers will admit nearly anyone.
Register for an Event
Helping Clients Succeed®: On-Demand Webcast
Learn how helping clients succeed can enable your organization to fill your pipeline, qualify opportunities, and close more sales.
How to Experience FranklinCovey Content
This course is included in the FranklinCovey All Access Pass®. This pass provides your organization unlimited access to all our content, whenever and wherever you need it.
Dynamic education and development, available online from any location.
Expert education and development delivered face-to-face.
Content available to your people anywhere, any time.